We could not be more thrilled to have the opportunity to welcome you back! While many things have changed all around us, one thing remained the same: our commitment to your safety and the safety of our dental team. Considering the COVID-19 Pandemic, our office has implemented additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
- Prior to your appointment with us, our office will contact you via phone or email and ask you a set of COVID-19 screening questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment to assess potential risk for transmission. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- COVID-19 Questions (required 2-3 days prior to the appointment)
- Risk Acknowledgement Form (required at the time of booking, this is a one time form kept on file)
- The waiting room is set up to allow for social distancing, we allow greater time in between patients as well have reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. For the time being, we have set up the waiting room with limited seating, magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind both in the lobby and treatment rooms have been removed.
- There are hand sanitization centers in various locations.
- Increased Infection Control/Cleaning in common areas and in the patient washroom.
- We have installed air filtration systems throughout the office to filter the air hourly.
- The whole office is fogged daily with Hypochlorous Acid, this is sanitizer that helps to disinfect and kill the viruses along with other bacteria.
- We are wearing the appropriate PPE for the treatment that is being provided. The office is being kept cooler as we have extra PPE on, so we encourage to come prepared with a sweater/jacket to your appointment.
- We also request that everyone entering the clinic wear a face mask while in the office, except for when dental treatment done.
Through all the above protocols it has increased the time needed to see each patient and by doing so reduced the number of patients we see each day. We are continuing to adjust and adapt to the changing recommendations and are very grateful to all of you for your patience and understanding as we continue to live and work safely in the pandemic.
With much appreciation for your loyalty and patience,
Dr. Ray Dyck & your Downtown Abbotsford Dental Team.